Thank you for your interest in the Butte County Farm Bureau administered SWEEP Grant. Please find below the necessary information to submit your grant application. Applications from Butte, Glenn and Tehama County producers can be submitted with priority to Butte County producers and those qualifying as socially disadvantaged in Butte County.
The State Water Efficiency and Enhancement Program (SWEEP) provides financial assistance to farmers and ranchers in the form of grants to implement irrigation systems that reduce greenhouse gases and save water on California agricultural operations.
Eligible system components include (but not limited too):
- soil moisture monitoring
- drip systems
- switching to low-pressure irrigation systems
- pump retrofits
- variable frequency drives, and
- installation of renewable energy to reduce on-farm water use and energy.
FREE Technical Assistance Support is being provided by Ag Groundwater Users of Butte County. Please contact Tovey Giezentanner at 916-801-0344 or email email@example.com to schedule a Technical Assistance appointment or to ask questions regarding your application.
BCFB SWEEP Timeline/Deadlines - COMING SOON!
Applicants must submit the following attachments within the JotForm:
- Project design
- Completed Budget Worksheet
- Solar system quote if the applicant is proposing a solar installation.
- Completed SWEEP Irrigation Water Savings Assessment Tool and Completed GHG Calculator Tool OR the report from the SWEEP Project Assessment Tool
- Twelve consecutive months of baseline GHG emission/energy documentation for any pumps that provide water to the project location, e.g., fuel receipts or utility bills.
- For projects in which irrigation is gravity-fed and there are no existing energy inputs, BCFB will require an attestation that there are no energy inputs at the project site.
- Pump efficiency tests for existing pumps and pump specification documents for any proposed pumps