Butte County Farm Bureau (BCFB) is a non-profit grass roots membership organization located in Richvale, California, whose purpose is to protect and promote the local agricultural community through outreach and advocacy. BCFB currently represents 1100 local member families. BCFB is part of California’s largest farm organization the California Farm Bureau Federation which is comprised of 53 county Farm Bureaus representing 30,000 farming families in 56 counties.
Programs Coordinator/Irrigated Lands Outreach and Education
The Butte County Farm Bureau has an immediate opening for a full-time Program Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a creative and personable, self-starter who has experience interacting with members of the agriculture community and maintains a high degree of rapport with key audiences.
- Oversight of communication and education outreach for grower regulatory programing.
- Responsible for the membership development and retention of the organization.
- Manage the execution of multiple BCFB events and program.
- Prepare for and attend monthly Board meetings.
- Answer telephones; greet members and the public entering the office.
- Perform general clerical duties as needed to include but not limited to: letter writing, photocopying, mailing and filing. Assist in the organization and maintenance of the office so that it operates effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in the management of BCFB’s Social Media presence including keeping the BCFB website and Facebook page current and accurate with local news, media and event information.
- Maintain constant communication with BCFB Executive Director regarding any issues or items needing timely attention.
- Attend and assist in the organization and execution of all BCFB events as needed.
- Support BCFB Executive Director in operation of the Butte County Farm Bureau.
- Support BCFB Staff in the operation and execution of BCFB programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passionate self-starter.
- Personable, creative and organized.
- Ability to manage their time to accomplish tasks in a routine and timely manner.
- Can work independently without supervision.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, QuickBooks and InDesign.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to balance working with different responsibilities and manage multiple priorities in a professional and productive manner.
- Maintains a basic belief in the value of Farm Bureau, organization membership and the agricultural industry.
- Willingness to learn, ask for help, and offer and accept suggestions in a professional manner.
- Have an exceptional work ethic.
- Desire to work in a team environment and with volunteers.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with major course work in agriculture, communications, public relations or a related field.
- Passionate about agriculture.
- Will be supportive of other staff.
- An ability to work on own initiative; be proactive, organized and find solutions to problems and challenges.
- Current CA Driver’s License.
- Reliable transportation.
- Hourly, DOE.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Cell phone stipend.
To apply, please submit the following items by November 20th to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Three references with contact information
For questions regarding this posting, please contact:
Butte County Farm Bureau
About Butte County Farm Bureau:
BCFB strives to protect and improve the ability of farmers and ranchers engaged in production agriculture to provide a reliable supply of food and fiber through responsible stewardship of California's resources.
Farm Bureau is organized on a county, state and national basis. The county Farm Bureau is the nucleus of the organization. Membership is voluntary by payment of nominal annual dues which entitles them to the wide range of services and benefits of membership.